Email marketing remains one of the most effective and profitable ways for companies to speak directly with their customers so it is crucial that you choose the right Email Service Provider (ESP) to meet your requirements. There are many ESP’s on the market, ranging in price from those that are free to ones that, at first glance, seem very expensive. They host the service rather than you having it on your own servers (or laptop!) where they can optimise everything, whilst providing you with the ability to upload the email content and relevant contact details. Before choosing your email provider some criteria to consider are:
- Reporting, including delivery success rates, open rates, click-throughs
- Private IP address or Shared IP with very few users
- Ability to carry out A/B Testing
- Opportunity to segment customer lists
- Free trial, support structure and pricing plan (e.g. fixed monthly fee or per email)
Having relationships with a number of ESP’s, both large and small, eLignum can help you to choose the most appropriate option to suit your particular needs and work with you to ensure that you derive the maximum benefit from your email provider. Contact us for more information on how to choose your email provider.